Buttermilk Pancakes. Fresh buttermilk is the secret ingredient for light and fluffy cakes in this buttermilk pancake recipe. Classic Buttermilk Pancakes — made completely from scratch! Pancakes are the hero of the breakfast table, and their very taste can even be described as "deeply breakfasty": eggy, salty, just this Pour the buttermilk into the well and crack eggs into buttermilk.
So much better than a box mix! I used uncultured buttermilk, and the pancakes were thin and rubbery. Perhaps Martha meant to state that the buttermilk should be cultured. You can cook Buttermilk Pancakes using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Pancakes
- Prepare 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 tsp. of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 2 1/4 cups of buttermilk, at room temperature.
- It’s 2 of large eggs, lightly beaten and at room temperature.
- It’s 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s 4 tbsp. of unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly.
One of the BEST buttermilk pancake recipes I have found. Buttermilk Pancakes are deliciously buttery and fluffy with golden, crisp edges and an irresistible buttermilk flavour. Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients, gently incorporating with a spatula. Thick, fluffy pancakes served the American way with glazed bacon and maple syrup.
Buttermilk Pancakes instructions
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well combined, then set it aside..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla extract. Then, while you are whisking, slowly drizzle in your melted butter until combined..
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and use a wooden spoon to stir it all together until just combined. It's ok if there is still a few flour streaks in the batter..
- Grease a non-stick skillet or a griddle and place it on medium heat. Allow it to preheat before beginning to cook the pancakes..
- Once your ready to start, scoop about 1/2 cup of batter per pancake into the skillet/onto the griddle. Allow it to cook until the edges appear set and bubbles that form in the batter begin to burst. Use a spatula to flip the pancakes and cook until the other side is golden brown as well..
- Repeat this process until all the batter is used up. Grease between pancakes if needed. I like to keep mine on a large baking tray in a warm oven while the others are cooking, since I tend to only cook 2 at a time on my griddle. Serve immediately and enjoy!.
Buttermilk Pancakes are light and fluffy with a soft crust and spongy texture. Buttermilk Pancakes: In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. These Buttermilk Pancakes have the perfect fluffy and light texture, and delicious flavor. They're easy to make using simple scratch ingredients! You know a recipe is perfect when you have no desire to.