Potato pancakes. This is a traditional potato pancake recipe, and is a wonderful comfort food. Mix mashed potatoes, egg, flour, salt, pepper, garlic, and any optional ingredients, into mashed potatoes. Preheat skillet and add a couple of tablespoons of Crisco shortening or oil.
Polish potato pancakes, known as placki kartoflane or placki ziemniaczane in Polish, are delicious and delightful. You can add to the flavor of your potato pancakes in a variety of ways. So simple, yet unbelievably tasty, these Classic Potato Pancakes are not to be missed! You can have Potato pancakes using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato pancakes
- You need 4 of large russe potatoes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- It’s To taste of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tablesoon of lemon juice.
Follow my simple instructions and make this easy treat today! Potato pancakes are a great breakfast, lunch or dinner side-dish. Simple to make, crisp and tasty they are great eaten hot but can be enjoyed cold. Have them with eggs, meats or salads.
Potato pancakes instructions
- Boil your potatoes till soft..
- Add all the ingredients to a home processor. Blend till you get a good smooth consistency..
- If it's too thick add some milk..
- Heat a pan pour batter and let cook on one side then cook other side till browned..
- Serve with tea for breakfast..
A simple recipe for pan-fried potato pancakes using leftover mashed potatoes. Crispy Pancakes Are the Best Thing to Happen to Leftover Mashed Potatoes. If you're swimming in leftover mashed. Potato pancakes, or latkes, are really versatile. Prepare ingredients: onions are optional in this recipe and may be safely skipped, or reduce amount of them if you wish.