Afrikaans Cinnamon Sugar Pancakes. As a born-and-bred Afrikaans girl, Pancakes with Cinnamon Sugar is engrained into almost every child-hood memory I have of rainy days. Most of our sweet comfort foods contain it. From Milk tart and pancakes with cinnamon sugar to Melkkos.
Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl. Cinnamon and sugar is the traditional South African way to serve pancakes with. Try it and you'll understand why. You can cook Afrikaans Cinnamon Sugar Pancakes using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Afrikaans Cinnamon Sugar Pancakes
- It’s of Dough.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 dash of salt.
- You need 2 cup of self raising flour.
- You need 1 cup of canola oil.
- You need 3 cup of water.
- You need of topping.
- It’s 2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of ground cinnamon.
- It’s of Baking.
- It’s 1/4 cup of canola oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 of big pot.
- It’s 1 of crepes pan.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 of plate.
- Prepare 2 of mixing bowls.
If you are looking for the perfect pancake recipe, then these cinnamon sugar pancakes are definitely worthy. These pancakes might even beat your grandmothers' cook book. Pancake batter swirled with cinnamon sugar and baked in a muffin tin. Pancake batter swirled with cinnamon sugar and baked in a muffin tin.
Afrikaans Cinnamon Sugar Pancakes instructions
- Mix water, oil and eggs in a bowl.
- Add flour and salt to egg mixture and use elecrtic wisk to mix everything together..
- Batter should be nice and runny. (No lumps) if the batter is too thick add extra water..
- Mix all the sugar with all the cinnamon in the second bowl (topping).
- Put 1 cup of water in pot and place on stovetop on lowest heat setting – put a plate on top of pot.
- Preheat crepes pan on stovetop at highest heat setting – pan needs to be oiled with canola oil (if the pan is not hot enough, the pancakes will be very oily).
- put about half a cup of pancake batter in crepes pan and spread over the whole pan (the thinner the batter, the better).
- You will know when to flip the pancake when little holes start appearing in the batter, the edges of the pancake start lifting from the pan and little water droplets start forming on the surface of the batter – flip pancake and count to 10.
- Remove pancake from pan and place in plate (the one on the pot).
- Put a tablespoon of butter in the middle of the finished pancake (only on every second pancake) and sprinkle a layer of cinnamon sugar over the whole pancake (all the pancakes).
- Stack all the finished pancakes on top of each other.
- Take a fork and gently roll up each pancake, placing them in serving plates. And voilá!.
- Can also serve with whipped cream or ice cream with a dash of lemon juice.
Like, I don't want to toot my own horn in all, but THIS is the best recipe I've dreamed up of since well those double chocolate merlot. Cinnamon pancakes recipe that's inspired by warm, gooey cinnamon rolls. See how to make extra fluffy pancakes and with an easy cream cheese glaze. How to make cinnamon pancakes inspired by warm, gooey cinnamon rolls. Jump to the Cinnamon Pancakes Recipe or read on to see our tips.